Monday, February 5, 2024

My ride home after

lodge last Thursday was in a hurry to leave as lodge was getting late. I was scrambling to pack up and dress. I didn't tie my boot laces thinking Patrick would pick me up in the parking lot. "Jim I'm over here street side," he yells. I forgot about this one step leading to the sidewalk, and that's when I fell and, boom! I lay there for a bit assessing any damage. Nothing broken. Patrick and one of the other guys. Helped me to my feet. My legs have some arthritis in them and I have to hoist them up one at a time. It was a struggle to get into Patrick's pickup truck. Patrick arranged to get me to Wendy's. By this time I felt I was high maintenance. We went through the drive-through and he dropped me off at the rental office entrance to my building and I got home from there. I had to explain everything of course to Anne 

what had happened, and cleaned up and had my Wendy's meal. I was in pain. I took an Aleve to help me sleep. 

In Teams, Friday morning I called in sick and explained to the boss what had happened. I took Friday off and asked if it was ok to start at noon Saturday. "Sure, Jim." 

For much of Friday, I just did YouTube research and video editing. I manage a video upload to my channel. I hit 201 subscribers 😃 Scrolling for YouTube lighting solutions, I came across this one video where this guy was using some outdoor RGB floodlights some homeowners use to light up the outside shadow areas of their homes. I bought a four-pack thinking I'll mount these on a universal mount for the greenscreen. I placed the order they said would be here Sunday. Cool. I also ordered a greenscreen that fits on the back of my chair. Order in for Wednesday. I got a notification saying the floodlights will be here on Tuesday. Ok.

Saturday I had a 3-hour shift. 

Sunday I thought I'd check the door to see if maybe my order for the floodlights but learned there was no way to mount them. I can still make use of them. Sure enough, the package was there at the door. Normally I'd leave a note for the driver to call me at the door but I wasn't expecting the parcel to arrive until Tuesday. I should have bought a regular greenscreen. More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment