Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Today was a great

day. Four of us were called into the office for a meeting to do the OTH big taps. There weren't that many of them but I had a great first half. I think I had about $600 by noon. I went and played my Proline: Oiler's/Montreal, Oilers to win (they did in OT.) It was a beautiful game. Now that's the way the team should be playing. So far they won 2 back to back. Then I had on my Proline ticket, Washington/St.Louis. I got the Caps to win and finally Vancouver/Calgary, the Canucks to win in Calgary and at this time in the 1st they are up 2-1. If all 3 win then I get $20. Also, Warren and I bet $2 on the Oiler/Habs game and I won $2 from that.

I called Anne at 2pm and no Telus. We we're getting worried we'd be without our TV and Internet. So when I got home, I noticed our new modem/router. The tech guy was saying to Anne that because the router and modem were stacked on top of each other the heat ended up frying the inside of the router. So now we have (hopefully more stable system)everything combined into one unit. This system that we have now looks a lot better and there is less clutter and wires at the back. I've got enough clutter and wires as it is.

I couldn't resist taking this cute cat photo of Silky and Sporty earlier this week. Sporty cuddled right up to his brother. These 2 cats are amazing and are always making out with each other. They are from 2 totally different litters but they totally love each other. Silky the dark one has maybe 5 years left in him and I'll feel bad for Sporty because when Silky goes, Sporty is going to lose his buddy. Boots still has to be kept apart from the other cats. I love Boots. When he plays he's a lot of fun to have around the house.








My friend Keith Graham (see his blog under friends in the sidebar at left) was talking about a Squido article he wrote about how to buy a Big screen TV. Keith's Blog is always thought provoking and entertaining. I'm a regular visitor there. Do yourself a favor and visit his blog. Now, I'm no expert but I thought I'd show Keith a photo of our 46" inch TV. It looks small in this photo but it's a big 720P TV. The orange cat in the wall unit is Pledges. The newer ones are 1080p and that's the new industry standard. Ours is 3 years old as of next April. We paid $1,000 for it then. Just a heads up though about HDTV not every network/channel is HD. We have maybe 10 channels that are HD ready. It's not quite there yet when everything will be fully HD ready. Another thing, most TV's don't supply a HDMI cable. If you want to play Xbox 360 games on one of these big TV's your going to need to buy a HDMI cable sold separately. Same thing if your new computer has an HDMI port. Most Mb's today have a HDMI port to have TV sent tour computer. I haven;t read Keith's article yet but he most likely talks about this.

I didn't get my Lodge newsletter until just a few days ago and in the notice I was appointed to do the WT for tomorrow night. I've not yet done the EA WT so I was able to barely get ahold of Neil around 5pm earlier and mentioned my situation. He volunteered hed do it for me. So I felt good about this and with the Oiler's winning, I had a great day. Now to make my day complete, would be to win on the 6/49 ticket and or win all 3 of my proline picks, either or. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment