Monday, July 18, 2022

Apparently, June and July

are our 2 rainiest months of the year. The bulk of our July rainfall tapers off about now. Other than a brief sprinkle, we're not expecting any rain over the next ten days. 

Normally I'd buy my books at Audrey's books downtown but our hoarding days are over. I downsized a lot of diaries over the years and stuff I've been packing around. So, the other day I bought online my first science fiction Kindle ebook. When Robert J Sawyer comes to Audrey's to do a reading, I'll get a hard copy. However, right now I'm reading:

I've read several books by the above author. I began reading ~ 10 pages/day (more sometimes) and it's easy reading. I'm about halfway through. At this rate, I should be done by the end of the month, which is a record for me reading a book this size. 

Yesterday, was the last day of the Calgary Stampede. The pandemic forced organizers to hit the pause button. Same for Klondike days, which for us means the event comes to Edmonton for 10 days after a brief pandemic hiatus. 

Speaking of which, next month I turn 70 and I'll be able to get my 2nd Covid booster soon after. At my age, I think I'll be living with Covid until I go to the Grand Lodge above.🤣

So far my YouTube channel Jim Shannon on Sounds has 122 subscribers but that count goes up and down once subscribers realize, there isn't much to the channel. I'm not trying to break any new ground or anything. My channel is just a hobby. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment