Sunday, February 18, 2024

My line of work isn't steady

which means I don't get paid for stat holidays. Which is ok by me. My wife has a steady part-time job so she gets paid for stat. I get the time off. Now that we're both on pension, we need to watch our income more than usual. However, this is the family day long weekend. Spring is around the corner. Days are getting longer. I get 2 days off. I have a work schedule, which resumes Tuesday to Saturday this week. 

I'll get one last week next week, and that will get me 230 hours from January-July. That's 30 hours over my threshold before it compromises my Alberta pension. My job allows for that flexibility

That first week in March I've got an appointment to the Fort Road PCN to get an ABI scan. It measures blood flow from the ankle to the heart. That info goes to my doctor's file. When he retires this August, he said he knows some Doctors close to my area. I'll be seeing him one last time after that, to set up a replacement. That and tax time, lodge, etc, has enough to keep me busy. Yet, it's family day weekend. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment