Sunday, March 3, 2024

My last day before my work pause

was Thursday and wax buildup in my ears returned last week. Last year I ended up seeing my Doctor and he used a pressure caulking gun set up. That really helped. Plus I have a visit to our PCN over here on Fort Road on Tuesday for an ABI scan.

This year our family Doctor is "retiring" in August. Most likely it's because of the lousy deal they are getting from the Alberta Government. Add immigration to the mix on a Federal level and a Doctor shortage is imminent.  

Speaking about medical issues, the Feds have reached in principle a National Pharmacare deal for low-income Canadians. Most likely it's going to be an election issue. Another carrot at the end of a voting stick. I like this deal because it would give free insulin and diabetic med supplies to diabetics. Those meds are costing me $400/year. That may not sound like a lot but that's about $35 we could apply to our monthly utility bill and or food.

One thing is certain, when we get our notice of assessment we have everything we need to activate our 2-year waiting list seniors residence, where our rent is 40% of our income. If we get a rental increase, they have to wait 6 months before they can activate it. If they charge us more than 25%, we only need to wait 18 months but then we have to apply to all of the properties our provider has. The good news it's based on need.

Anyway, I have 6 months off as I'm back after labour day. If we have a project. We have some projects under contract and we will be returning to one of them. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment