Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I didn't sleep that well overnight but

I got what I could. I think the reason why i couldn't sleep was because my bed sheet I sleep on was not smooth but had wrinkles from my knees to the edge of my bed. It was hard to get that sweet spot. I'm such a light sleeper as it is. 

Since the summer Native Instruments (ni) has brought out these midi controllers they call the S series. The keys light up by where they're attache to the frame and merger with their komplete series. Akai has had their mpc 25 which has the pads like in Maschine and a screen and touch based mod and pitch wheels. The Akai mpc has 25 keys, which have adjustable octaves. I initially want to get this controller but local venders didn't have a copy, which s why I got the M-audio Oxygen 49 as nobody had the 25 key version at the time. In my email this morning ni has a major Maschine update to 2.2. I know that, ni eventually will be merge their S series controllers with Maschine like the Akai, and this will most likely be ni's next step with Maschine but at the moment Maschine is still at 2.2. When they get to 9.8 or something, then that's when I feel they will merge their S series controllers and Maschine to a new Maschine after Studio. Maschine came out I think 2010. Then in 2012 out came Maschine Mk2 (this is the one I have) and shortly after I bought it, ni brings out Maschine studio. I usually like to upgrade tech stuff after every other release. I'm hoping ni wont wait until Maschine studio 9.8 to merge both products. Maschine studio came out last October and I've been resisting the urge to upgrade because with my luck I'll get studio and then ni will release the next version of Maschine. They're about due for another version if 'history" is any indication. NI likes to do these major releases near Christmas for obvious reasons. Maybe by this time next year I'm hoping. The Mk2 set me back about $600 back in the day when I had a steady income not that long ago. I knew then that my steady income was nearing an end but Long & McQuade let me take out a account on MK2, which was nice of them. 

Anne mentioned yesterday that Pat Quinn past away. He coached the Oiler's a few years back, when the Oiler's had a string of head coaches they kept letting go thinking that was the answer to their problems. After Quinn they had Tom Renney and then Kruger. In hockey news a lot of media insiders are saying that MacT is about to make some significant moves. All players are on the table (except Hall) they need to make a huge change because MacT says the coach is not the problem and I agree. This means that, players like Perron, RNH, Eberle, Yakapov, lots of guys. Pat Quinn didn't have the best line up to work with either but like Kruger after him,Quinn was well respected. RIP Pat.

Today I've got another full day. What I like about this project about food that we're doing is that it's a 30 minute survey. it also means I get that train before 9pm. The other thing about this survey is that it's month-by-month and a parent can proxy for a child member in the family, which s nice. It's a full 6 hours today (in theory) Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment