Friday, November 28, 2014

Making predictions is something I'm not very good

at doing, however after hearing the news about Opec and oil dropping to $69 and how this is going to affect our economy, buying a big ticket item doesn't make sense right now. I got work up until possibly the end of next May. Then I'm reduced to 2-3 days a week, if that. Then what? I can't predict beyond that. Even though Alberta's unemployment rate is currently at 4.4% by Spring we could easily be at 6%. I can't justify a new computer now, what with Lodge dues coming up. This new computer might have to wait until spring or maybe even on hold. I can make minor upgrades to my laptop like Windows 8.1 and a 1Tb sshd hard drive. That's all I need for now. If I can hold onto as much as what I have and save some until if and when I get a tax return, then I can survive the summer until work at my current job resumes again in September. 

Right now we are having a blizzard out there like you wouldn't believe. At this hour its -20 with blowing snow. It was tough trudging through the snow howling and blowing shortly before 9pm yesterday when I left the office for Corona station

The Oiler's lost their 8th in a row against Nashville last night but held the Preds to a 0-0 contest until the home team won in ot. That's a positive step forward.Tonight they play in Saint Louis and it can only get worse from there. The longest Oiler's winless streak was in 1993 when the Oilers had 13 losses and 1 tie. If the Oiler's continue like this, they will match their winless streak record Wednesday December 10th and beat a new winless streak record December 14th. I doubt that will happen but they have some tough teams to beat and there is never a easy night in the NHL.

I'm in the office today from 2-9 and Saturday I have off. Then I'm on for next week, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday off, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment