Friday, July 10, 2020

In an effort to get around the city

utilizing ETS, quite often I'm needing to use transit information. I need an m2 hard drive asap. Best selection is memory express on the South Side but getting there since the City had to make a lot of cuts to transit due to Covid1-19 and rout tweaking, getting around town can often be a challenge. So while on hold with transit information to see if the #70 bus still has a stop at Central Station, I learn the last LRT is at 10pm😲Wow! And my #70 no longer goes to the north side and only runs peak hours. Fortunately for me Staples is just down the block and I need some gel pens anyway and other stationary. They have some m2 ssd's and even if they don't have any in stock, I'll get my steps in and some lunch at Wendy's on the way back. Sounds like a plan.

Earlier this week, I got my huge order from Amazon. I got my 6 foot hdmi/Dvi-di and the hdmi/vga cable, plus the m2 nvme enclosure kit, Elgato capture card, the usb c-usb dongle. I should have ordered the Xbox 360 vga cable in there as well. Since we haven Amazon plant an hour or so away from me, the order took less then a week to pick up. I'm well aware of the Elgato capture card issue but I've seen some work arounds that I can make this work. Its just a replacement hdmi cable and I have a spare one around here somewhere. 

Also, the other day at Eb games, on my way to the Clareview Drugstore, to pick up my Amazon order, I picked up my first Steam card and a game controller charger for my Xbox (Jasper ed) 360 as I plan on doing some mods on my 360 this summer. However some of the numbers under the label of the gift card failed to show up. After some screen shots and tech support later, I got the right numbers and added the funds to my Steam wallet. So, once I get this hard drive issue sorted out I can download some games. One can't make music all the time. Anyway, that's all for now. have a nice weekend everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment