Sunday, July 26, 2020

Like in the song by

 George Harrison, "All things must pass," hit home for me this morning. Since 2007, I was on a popular Edmonton forum called Connect to Edmonton or C2E. C2E was all things Edmonton, sports, restaurants, bars, events, and even international things of interest. Lots of politics. I had over 9,000 posts of my own. It was a gold mine of information. I met some people that liked me, some didn't. I'm not sure what happened to cause its demise. What with working a lot of day hours last month, C2E wasn't even on my radar until this morning. Normally I'd get email notifications of a thread I was following. My last email from C2E was May 22nd of this year. I tried going to the main page directory of activity, to only get a message from the forum's owner, saying why he had to take the forum down. Very sad. It's the end of an era.

With all that in mind before bed, I've been thinking about deactivating my Facebook page in an effort to break free from my recent past. I like the Facebook groups, like "I grew up in Coquitlam," the Vancouver and Edmonton groups, and messenger. I can in settings still keep those groups, and next month, I'm seriously thinking about temporarily deactivating my Facebook profile/page. Except for the people I already chat with like friends and family. The lodge can send me stuff by email, and I'll keep Twitter, this blog and You Tube. I just don't like the ugliness of politics, and the disturbing Gif images.

I still haven't been able to get my m.2 drive installed. I've been lazy in that department but I want to start playing games on that SSD as  well and more video editing. Other then that, I'm looking forward to NHL hockey coming up this week, and some other stuff related to my pension. I'm entering a new phase in my life but the only thing hindering me is damn pandemic. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment