Saturday, November 28, 2015

December is going to be

extremely tight around here for Anne and I. We might even need to make use of the food bank. Including December I have 20 months 21 days to go until pension and I'm literally counting down the months. With pension, I'll be able to work a few days a week, go to lodge, make music sleep in late stay up late. Also, I'll be able to get a annual bus pass. "Living the dream" eh?

The other day city council selected TransEd its P3 (Public, Private, Partnership) for Valley line. Other then that, the line is just getting prepped for the odd obstruction along its path from Millwoods town mall to City Centre mall. Valley will be low floor and will use independent signaling architecture then that of the Capital line. Individual cars will be contracted out by Bombardier using their Flexity tram format. Also it looks like we're in good position to get funding for the 2nd phase of Valley line out to Lewis farms by 2025. We'll know more about that in the New Year. In 9 years I'll be 71 if I get there. I hope I live long enough to see it and ride on it. I think the challenging parts to this project wont be laying down the track but the individual stations. Some of the track will be elevated and the tunnel on the North bank of the Saskatchewan River might be challenging as well as the new train/footbridge. Phase 2 is the longest portion of the Valley line but no elevated track. All track is at grade and so are the stations, and no tunneling. Most importantly no house clearing. In You Tube just type in Valley line LRT Edmonton and there's a cool video on the what the project will be like when its done.

The Oilers played much better last night in Detroit. They had tied the game at 3 going into OT. D played good until the OT period. Oilers playing in Pittsburgh tonight. Also, Rogers place arena added a "bowl cam" so we get to see the whole ice area put together. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment