Sunday, November 29, 2015

Just because

its rent day tomorrow, and I have about enough funds for a monthly ETS bus pass to cover my obligations, I'm not going to hit the panic button, just yet. Its a dark and stormy night in this household, desperation is looming. We haven't hit rock bottom but we're bailing water from a boat full of leaks, a cable tow's length from shore. We haven't been in this position before. Anxiety has moved in, and taking occupancy in the pit of my stomach. We're in uncharted waters but I'm optimistic dawn is right around the corner. I'm looking for the life preservers even now. I need to stay calm.

Its Grey Cup weekend here in Canada. The Edmonton Eskimos (Esks) haven't been to a Grey Cup finale since 2005. This will be a first for the opposing team as well at Investor Group field in Winnipeg. There is expected to be close to 40,000 fans in attendance. Security will be tight. Its the Ottawa Red Blacks 2nd year in the league. I'd rather be at lodge practice tonight but Anne and I are going through some challenging times here. Anne's going to make our usual late afternoon brunch, and I'm going to settle in for the game. The coin toss is at 4:30pm.  

Tomorrow, I'm out of here about noon. I'm going to drop off a resume, then over to an employment agency to help tweak a resume for a security guard job I'm looking into. I'll drop that off and ask some questions. A lot has changed since I was a guard in 1999-2000, and so has the economy. I'd like to work weekends if I eventually get hired on, its all part of a process. After that its off to a job lead and drop off my resume there again, and ask about a work from home option I know they have. I hope to be on my way home about 5:30pm. Shits going to hit the fan when I bring home under $100 bucks. I just hope Anne's paid some on the rent before I give her the bad news. In the meantime, I'm waiting for my job to call me for work. I was told the new project could start Friday, they just need confirmation, yeesh. Again, how long until pension? Times like these would be no sweat if I had a 2nd income or pension. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment