Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I picked up a webcam

on my way into work yesterday afternoon, leaving out of here a bit early. I got the logitech C270 at Best buy for $50. I proceeded to resume my commute at Clareview station and got my coffee at Starbucks at Central. I was at my destination within 15 minutes of catching my bus. If I have a shift Saturday, (more on that later) I'm catching a bus from Central. Seems to work out better.

I read from my "Descent of Angels" book, as I'm just about to wrap that one up. (took me long enough) With about 20 minutes on the clock before I needed to show up at the site I did something I haven't done in almost 20 years: Visit a near by pawn shop. They had some mixers but they were expensive, some cameras selling for like $40 but no iPads. Lots of iPods though. Something to file against for later.

I went to work and sat in on a briefing. We have some projects but we might have some time off at the clients discretion. Super doesn't know when we'll begin the next project but all of these are slated for November. I could walk in this afternoon for a briefing on the new project or it could start 2 weeks from now, we don't know. If I'm on the schedule for next week, then that's a good sign. I'll have a cheque for Anne on the 13th but I'm  not going to tell her about this, just yet. She'll explode. Most people I work with have other sources of income. One needs to, doing this kind of work. I'm going to hold out until Friday. I'm in for this evening and I could get a update tonight. If no update tonight I'm off tomorrow for lodge and in on Friday business as usual. If no update Friday, I'm in Saturday.

I got the full shift in yesterday. I don't know about today as we're cleaning up the file. I left the office with my blood sugar way down. I bought a regular bottle of Coke and a candy bar and the store owner had the last dying minutes of the hockey game on. RNH scored the 4-2 empty netter. After a brief wait consuming the Coke and candy bar, I felt better. I didn't feel all that great with the knowledge I could be off work for awhile . I was home at 10:30pm and after supper and the news I was shocked to learn Connor McDavid suffered a shoulder injury in last nights game. I unpacked the webcam and installed it on my Windows Xp system. The webcam worked until I installed the software from the Logitech site. Every time when I tried to use the software to make a recording my computer shut down on me. Then I realized that it was most likely due to system requirements on the box, over a half a gig of Ram and I have 1 Gb of Ram that wasn't seated properly when I bought it in 2007. Most likely its the wrong Ram. My laptop is bloated with adware rendering the laptop almost unusable. I could get a 2.5" drive and a copy of Windows 7 and start fresh or see if I can get the proper Ram and get 2 Gigs this time. I might go that approach. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment