Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Have job no work

should be the theme for me the last half of this month. I'm hoping I'll get a few days in and stat pay along with my small pension to cover the basics between now and Saturday for the end of the month. I'll get work in December but also a break due to Christmas. Hopefully work will be more steady in the New Year.

Yesterday I picked up a iTunes card and bought iMaschine 2 for my iPod Touch. iMaschine 2 was on sale for just under $6 at an introductory price. The original iMaschine has been out for awhile now. The new version has 12 new features like step mode, and can even be used in my iPod's Garage band, which is pretty cool. I messed around with it last night for a bit. Native Instruments has offered a iMaschine expansion "pack" for free. There are iPhone/iPod Touch screen recorders out there but how good they are, I don't know. Some ratings are pretty good. Apple has a app called Yosemite and is part of the latest version for Apple's Quicktime app that has decent screen recording. I would like to see something like a screen recorder for iMovie. A screen recorder for iOS devices would be really handy. At the moment iMaschine 2 only shares to Soundcloud as far as I  know.   

And finally, its no secret in the call centre market research industry that its project based. I like this type of work. If they have projects, they have work. My place of employment is no exception. Most people that are in this industry have either a 2nd job, or are students or are pensioners. This is not a job one can make a steady living at. I'm 22 months away from pension, so like my other colleagues at my place of employment that are not pensioners or students that have a 2nd income, I'm also looking for a 2nd income. I'd like to keep this job because I'm so close to pension, this job and my pension world work great together. Yesterday I sent out 2 resumes and had a bit of a phone interview. With the economy so tight now because we are in a recession the job market makes it tough to get a job. Employers love this environment, not good for employees though. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment