Saturday, November 14, 2015

My shift ended before it got underway

and there wont be anything for Saturday, and Sunday is out. Since it was just after 4pm I thought I may as well go get my Proline ticket at the little Chinese store across from where I work. I filled out my ticket catching a bit of the news from the store owner's TV set. Something about a gunman and another shooting? I thought here we go again. The shooting of the month in the US. Then as I brought the ticket to the till the TV was behind me, I turned and was shocked to discover what was going on. I felt a sickening pall in my stomach. At the time the reports were of 60 people killed by a suicide bomber in Paris at a soccer match, oh my God. I was numb. I still can't believe it. What kind of group or people could do such a sickening thing? I don't mean to sound naive, but I thought this kind of madness went out with Hitler. What is going on in this world? I took my #5 bus to my RBC bank cashed my cheque and decided to take the train at Central to Century Park (end of the line), while my trip was haunted by the events in Paris. When at my destination I was able to use the wifi and got more details waiting for my train to get underway. I read how there were 6 coordinated attacks, which caused the deaths of 128 people, 22 are critically injured and something like over 100 casualties. The bulk of the attacks were at this Heavy metal rock concert. In a rooftop shoot out at the concert Police managed to kill the two gunmen. I don't know about the other attacks. I don't have a lot of info. Isis is applauding (typical of those monsters) the attacks, so I doubt its them. It sounds more like Al-Qaeda because the attackers (at least at the heavy metal concert) were not wearing masks. Also the attacks were so close to where the January attacks near the Charlie Hebdo offices. This is why I don't think it was Isis. Regardless of what group it is that did this despicable act, is a crime against humanity. I share a sense of loss and sadness for the families of those victims Paris. I'm left wondering the same question others area are asking: Why? Is this senseless act motivated by religion or politics or both? Is it related to the attacks in January? The US assassination of Jihadi John the other day? What ever the reason behind this madness? This is Neanderthal at its apex. What happens now?     

No comments:

Post a Comment