Sunday, November 8, 2015

Its a gloomy rainy day out there but its bark looks worse

then its bite. The plan later this afternoon is to head up the street to the Manning shopping centre area for brunch at Smitty's but once Anne takes a look out at that weather, will she even want to go? I don't care myself. Its only a short walk. Our options are limited today because to the lrt needs to shut the Clareview to Corona portion of the line down to accommodate a contractor doing utility work on the Valley line. Once a month doesn't go by when the ETS has to shut the half the lrt Capital line down. They have replacement buses which work well.  

I got the webcam C270 software to work with the laptop. Its for the most part pretty good. I've got to tinker with the gain/contrast a bt more. The but in all of this has to do with their "Gallery sharing" to YouTube/Twitter and Facebook. They don't work. Gallery interface doesn't recognize my YouTube account. Other posters on YouTube with the same webcam have issues with Facebook, nothing happens. The work around is the initial opportunity to have the finished video sent to their "Motion detection" folder. From there, I can drag the video out to my laptop's desktop and, then drag and drop it onto a flash drive then into my desktop already open YouTube account and publish from there. Everything else with the webcam works except their sharing aspect and apparently Logitech's tech support isn't that user friendly. Still with music, I'm considering the iELectribe for my iPod Touch. Its a cool app for about $16 bucks and I've been looking at the iKaoss pad for the iPhone. Garage band has added a Audiobus like feature to its eco system but on my single core iPod Touch processor makes the outcome in Garage band clip too much. I'm not sure if this is a product of the hardware or the software. 

At the moment I'm having my first coffee waking up. I woke out of bed at noon today. Anne wants me to wake her up at 2pm. Last night I won a free 6/49 lottery ticket by hand picking 2 numbers Friday. Plus my Calgary/BC Lions CFL game came in my favour last night. I have 3 NFL games on that ticket. Two to win and one to tie. I got the NFL picks from the Brady and Walker show Friday before I left for work. I'm curious as to see how these games will play out for $83 bucks. 

If we get out for brunch ok, if not ok as well. Tonight the Oiler's are in Chicago. On the Oiler's website the poll asks "How many games will the Oiler's win on this (CFR) road trip. Most respondents are more optimistic then I am. they say 2 games. I say 1. This road trip will be a good road trip for Eberle to get back into the swing of things. If anything its going to put the Oiler's 2nd from last place. The CFR screws the Oiler's up every season. Its hard to play 500 hockey when your on the road so much. The schedule is not very kind to the Oiler's. Never has been. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment