Monday, November 23, 2015

Its not very often that I give up on a

book I'm reading but "Back to the moon" wasn't doing anything for me, sorry. After a couple of years of reading "Horus Heresy", what can I say? I was spoiled. I'll return to the book "Back to the moon", eventually. Its just not on my reading radar at the moment. For that matter, I'm a little burned out from reading Warhammer 40K. I'll still buy the books. So, I thought I'd try for something a little different: A John Scalzi book. I've got a few of his books on my shelf. I thought I'd try his first novel "Agent to the Stars." I'm reading along and its got a few good things going for it already; first person point of view. That's always a plus for me. Its got some comedy :) Moving forward it looks like a good yarn. It'll keep me going far into January. He's got a few more books in the first person point of view. "Old mans war" looks interesting as well. There's also a few Robert J. Sawyer books I need to get to for 2016. So, I can take a break for a few years from reading Warhammer 40K. Like I said, I'll still buy the books and all.

Switching gears here, I've watched a few episodes of "Ring of Honor" (RoH) wrestling lately. I was really impressed with what I saw in last weeks recorded to pvr show. I really liked the fast pace of the "Television championship" match. It was really good and fun to watch. I'll be watching RoH on a more regular basis. I like how the announcer table is right up against the ring. Very old school and reminds me of the old Stampede wrestling in the '80's. Anne's recording this for me every week so I can watch it Sunday nights. 

I sent out a resume last night. I'm not trying to replace my job. I just need something that will keep me going during times like this. I've been without a income for the 3rd week this month and its bugging me. I got one cheque last Friday. I don't want to be caught without any income for summer 2016. When I get something part time I'd like to go 3 days at the new job and 3 at my current job type of a situation. If there's a month without work at my current job I'd like to have the option of pick up hours at the other job. Most people in the market research industry, working in a call centre do this. 

Tonight its wrestling and Oilers road hockey. Tomorrow I'm out at lodge for the evening as our lodge and another lodge are holding a joint degree. Wednesday night is another Oiler game. To decide the CFL West yesterday, we hosted the Calgary Stampeders at Commonwealth stadium to a 31-45 decision. In other words we're going to meet Ottawa at Winnipeg for the Grey Cup. First time since 2005. 

One thing about this downturn in the economy is we're getting a lot more faces out to lodge. Brothers I haven't seen in awhile are showing up, which is good for us bad for them I'm sorry to say. Thursday (where I work) we're having a staff Christmas party early because the office is expected to get busy from here on in. I'm hoping at the Christmas party we're going to get news of the upcoming project. Other then that, not a lot going on. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment