Saturday, November 27, 2010

From yesterday and today

I went and bought my 6/49 ticket at the Clairview Redi mart to get change to whomever might have won Thursdays (US) NFL Thanksgiving day games. But when I got inside the office, according to Gerry they only had a few games. The rest will be played on Sunday.



Ok so it doesn’t look like I’m going to be able to upgrade my laptops video card for gaming purposes. I’m back to upgrading my desktop, again. Vinny was saying earlier that my desktop mobo doesn’t need to worry about Sata cables etc. for a video card upgrade but to play today’s games, I defiantly need PCI express slots and my mobo doesn’t have PCI express. So I need a mobo upgrade. I’m looking at one from Gigabyte. Its got 2 PCIe slots but most likely I will need to go into the Bios to disable it before I install the graphics card. I’m looking at possibly the GTX 480. I’m not sure yet.



I went to bed about 1am and woke up suddenly at around 3am and I couldn’t get back to sleep from there. I wanted to get up around 7am anyway about when dawn breaks because this way Boots won’t want to jump the balcony when its daylight. I just began a cup of coffee and I‘ve got an hour or so here until I stat getting ready for work. The last thing I‘m going to do is to pack up my laptop for the office. It would be really nice if Vinny could install the software for me before we start the shift so right after work (4:30pm) we can head immediately over to BP’s. I can get a bite to eat there and hang out with the guys before heading out to “Hot to Huddle.” Well, I want to check it out as long as it doesn’t cost anything. I think it’s a free event open to the public. If anything, I’ll be hankering to get into FL9 tonight after a bite to eat and a beer at BP’s in my system, I’ll be able to nap for an hour or so and a couple hours to myself to get into this thing.



Tomorrows the big game. Grey Cup edition #98. After work last night as I was doing my banking the “Rider Nation” was out in full force. Green “S” jersey’s everywhere. The bars are full it’s a great time for the city. Next year it’s the 99th Grey Cup and the host city will be Vancouver. Game time starts at 4pm Sunday. Go Rider’s Go! They have home field advantage against Montreal.


SF Signal today asks about SF turkeys. Books that have been “turkeys.” one of the most uninspiring books I’ve tried to read over the last while has been Sheri S. Tepper’s “The family tree.” I stuck it out for about 150 pages, uggh. I haven’t read many books this year. In fact I’m currently reading my 6th book of the year this month. None of the books I’ve read this year have been strong enough to hold my interest except the last L.E. Modesitt jr. book and even then that wasn’t exactly a page turner either.



Coast has another boring topic on for tonight, “Non Conformity.” Oh brother. I’m not a programming director or anything but for the love of God can we get these soft topics off Saturday night? The good stuff is always on Sunday nights, when Ian Isn’t hosting the show. I’m heading back to business Monday morning for a full day At least I’ll get 40 hours in. Anyway, have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment