Thursday, March 19, 2020

About 4pm I went out

for my walk. It was a bitter wind out there under clear skies. There was ice on the sidewalk halfway on 43rd street, so I took the street to the Sifton park school ETS bus shelter, not touching anything. The rest of the way to 50th street was smooth sailing walking wise. My iPod carrying my activity tracker died out on me at about 1300 steps. The amount of steps back should equal to about 2,600 steps. I didn't encounter anyone. Actually it was quite quiet out there. Even along 50th street and 134th Ave. Almost eerie. I'll be relieved when this virus is history.  

This hits close to home for me as Alberta received its first death from Covid-19. A man here in Edmonton in his 60's  with underlying health issues was admitted into care last Thursday and died Wednesday. I've got a scratchy throat since going outside but that was developing earlier. I hope I'm not the 2nd case to die of Covid-19. So its a little scary. but there's nothing I can do. Maybe the man never had a flue shot. I had mine last October but that wont prevent me from getting Covid-19. I probably should not have gone outside today. I wont tomorrow. 

Welcome to the first day of Spring. We need a couple of nice +10 Sunny days and we can get rid of all that snow on the ground. Anne did her first shift this evening from home and other then a bit of a shaky start but it turned out ok for her. I don't know when I'll be starting back to work. My issue is getting decent phone to work with. I'm supposed to be getting a call sometime tomorrow. Anyway, that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment