Sunday, March 15, 2020

My wife will begin to work from home

beginning Thursday. It was nice while it lasted but I'm ok with it. She's going to set up the office computer in the bedroom. Possibly for the next 10 days, I could be working from 9-3pm and when I get home, Thursday's and Friday's Anne will be locking herself in the bedroom. I thought I had a long ethernet cable here. We're going to have to pick one up locally. I still get my privacy anyway because Anne usually sleeps in until 1pm on a Saturday and when I'm back 5-9 (unless I'm working from home) I get a few hours to myself in the mornings, so it all works out ok. 

If I get the hours I'm hoping for, I hope I'll have enough for to get the ADATA 2Tb m.2 hard drive. These ssd drives are about from Z-M on this keyboard and an inch wide. My motherboard has one slot for one m.2 drive and are a lot faster then my ssd that's the size of a keyboard number pad. $380 is a lot of cash. I'm hoping this will last me for a few years. These m.2 drives are basically plug and play. My motherboard came with enough screws and I just need one to bolt it down to the motherboard. Then all I have to do is clone my active 110Gb ssd over to the new  drive. Then in the BIOS change the boot order of the m.2 drive to "C." 😃 I'll use my current ssd as a storage drive to hold sound samples for my music.

Its been a pretty cold weekend so far. Feels different with no NHL hockey to watch because of Covid-19. I'm no expert but like Ebola, Covid-19 might take 2 years before a vaccine is ready to be mass distributed to the public, or hopefully sooner so humanity can get back to normal again. As for me, I'll be working (hopefully) 9am to 3pm all this week, so I can get that m.2 drive next weekend. Anyway, that's all for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment