Wednesday, September 21, 2016

It never stops

its one thing after another. Two weeks ago management had roofers replacing shingles, before that they replaced the original carpeting. Now (and we were told about this in advance) there's a construction crew replacing the ground level concrete that passes for a patio. Over the past to days they've been ripping concrete digging what looks like a 12 inch pit. I assume gravel goes in next as a primer and then they are replacing the concrete with decorative tiles. Yeesh. What's next re siding the outside of the building? Oh, wait that's next summer. 

I'm sure glad I never bought a Galaxy note 7. I think I dogged a bullet. I might buy a android phone one of these days only because they have music apps exclusively for the android platform. Since the trouble with their latest and greatest cell phone's battery exploding, I imagine consumer confidence might be on shaky ground. Lots of android users are switching to iPhone's, including the guy at unbox therapy. I suspect the trouble with the note 7 is the screen causing the battery to overheat.

This weekend we're having our Edmonton Expo. Carrie Fisher and others are expected. Its a massive 3 day sci-fi, comic book, panel, everything con. Average price is about $30 a day for a ticket but there are 3 day paces available 

        

I'm not sure if there is a Saturday costume dance like the  old Edmonton non con but this looks like a lot of fun. I'd go if I had some spare cash just to meet Carrie Fisher and Alex Kingston. So, between now and the next Expo, I'm saving up some cash and taking the weekend off for just this event. The above image is from the Edmonton Expo website and used under fair use.

Earlier this week the market research job called me while I was on my way home from the work. I answered the call yesterday and asked if I could work Thursdays and Fridays. the boss there said he's fine with that. This will give me a few more hours because the shifts are longer. Also, when our place breaks in February the 2nd job often has work. Then I resume in March. This job in March ends around mid May and the market research job about May. Then I go on ei and slide into full pension one year from now and I'll have time to enjoy the Expo. I'll work 3 days a week during the steady job. However, if this place increases the rent because of all these upgrades, we're moving. As for tonight, I'm in at 4:15pm to 8:30 and on the train tonight home. Its all good. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment