Saturday, September 3, 2016

September's weather is usually on the cooler side as at the moment its overcast

with some patchy clear breaks and a few dark clouds. Sunsets at 8:17pm I like this time of year. It's not to hot or cold. Nice mix of Sun and rain. Gone are the +30's. Thank god.

Friday I had a few things to take care of like my Doctors office first. I arranged this over the phone with the reception a few days ago. I needed to pick up some sample meds over the counter in and out. I left out of the apartment under threatening skies and rising humidity to my Doctors office about 1:45pm. So far so good. I had 3 items to take care of yesterday afternoon: Doctor, bank, Service Canada in a small 2 hour window. Travel time would eat up a lot of that window. The reception at the Doctors office said something like "Oh the Doctor wants to take your blood pressure before he gives out the samples," "I don't have time for this now. I thought this was a just over the counter pick up like in our phone conversation a few days ago. I have less then a 2 hour window and its already 2:10pm, alright." I was becoming anxious. Experience has taught me that seeing a Doctor on a Friday afternoon (especially on the start of a long weekend) is going be awkward and could compromise my window. I spent more then a few times waiting up to an hour in his office. After the 2nd blood pressure reading, I had enough of this and unhooked myself off the blood pressure machine and headed out of the waiting room to the reception counter. "I don't mean to be rude, but I don't have time for this, can I re-book this for next week?" All they had were morning openings until the week of the 12th so I got a 1:30pm on the 15th. I can go without for 2 weeks. It's not like I need penicillin or anything like that and I have a bit left over. Its not life or death. At first they wanted to send it over to my pcn but that's another appointment and something about email? Don't they know that C means confidential :) The 15th will do. Its entered in my calendar. I walked East along the South side of Jasper Ave up to my RBC and got the form I needed. Then I worked my way up past the renovated Alberta Hotel. I thought about ducking in for a beer, maybe later. At Service Canada there was a line up but I had my iPod touch and some offline reading I could do in the mean time. Very little waiting and I was able to see somebody right away. All my details were in order for my oas, bank form etc. I didn't know I could apply for my GIS in the Spring when our Notice of Assessment's came in. That's pretty cool. I was out of there at 3pm and I thought maybe I should try the Doctor's office again but I was sweating like a pig and all I wanted to do was to get home.

I was able to buy the Filmora Go remove watermark license for just a few bucks (My gopro alternative) for my iPod Touch from the app store the other day. Works great. Then I discovered Pinnacle Studio for the iPad. It's like iMovie but more robust, more options. iMovie won't work that well on my iPod Touch 5 Gen and barely on our iPad 2. Pinnacle is pricey but I'm seriously thinking about picking it up. 

Learning Pinterest is a bit of a struggle. There's lots on you tube but its old and out of date. I've got a blog board and I'm going to pin a couple of other items to my wall soon. I don't know how I was able to get over 390 page views (Pintrest) and 16 followers last week but maybe that was a fluke. Since on my blog I have 1 follower. It'd be cool to have some of those Pinterest followers as blogger followers. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment