Saturday, September 10, 2016

Shaking off the summer rust when returning to the

Shaking off the summer rust when returning to the job Tuesday almost got me into trouble yesterday. I had a decent night on the job last night. This milestone is where I wanted to be in January: Oas application out the door and working at the job. Speaking about the oas, the feds actually sent me a form the other day, that if the information they had on the form was correct. I didn't need to do anything. I had sent the application a week ago. I didn't need to do all that with the bank the lineup to make sure the application was filled out correctly etc. I applied because I didn't know a form would be coming. Here's a photo of me at the job from Tuesday:



Rogers place arena is also reaching a milestone of its own today: Open house. I heard 58,000 people scooped up free tickets earlier this week for today's event. Now obviously they are not going to have that many people all in one go. Most likely the open house could be in groups throughout the whole day. The groups are allowed 90 minutes to tour the facility. They can't tour the locker rooms of course. Then they are cleared out for the next group and so on. Not only that but my lrt commute to Southgate will be a part of all that, so will Anne's, its going to be interesting today for sure. Also the Edmonton Eskimos are hosting the Calgary Stampeder's for the rubber match from Monday's game. About 30,000+ people will be at that game this afternoon. I'm up early to post this so I can relax with my coffee wake up, get ready for my first Saturday commute since last Spring. The other job hasn't called me yet but I'm calling them on Monday just to see what's going on. My office is a block away from a McDonald's so I can get some breakfast. There's no coffee at work this weekend, so I'll take mine with me after breakfast. Hopefully I can avoid the crowds. 

The only casualty for me this weekend is I won't be able to attend the bbq Sunday. Expenses mostly. I already owe $20 for this years Shrine calendar. The guy that takes care of those hasn't been to a meeting in a long time. Dick could be at the bbq tomorrow. He might put 2+2 together tomorrow. So, I'm out of here at 8 this morning, get some breakfast (I can afford that) bring my coffee along. Should be a nice day. It's only a 4 hour shift. Anne's shift is from 6-10. I was going to go to the rec centre after work but she'll need the bus pass and the Eskimo game is on at 5pm anyway. The job I'm on now has steady work up to December 22nd. More then enough for a ei claim and they might have a extension in January like they did last year. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment