Sunday, September 18, 2016

My first full week at the

job is in the bank. It's more money then my market research job and work is steady. No lay over or waiting for anything in between except for February. Getting to this job site is easier then I expected. Its just a bus to Clareview and the train to Southgate the #6 bus to Calgary Trail and 51st ave and a block North and I'm there. I don't know if I mentioned this before but I haven't worked on the South Side since 1993! Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, I get a ride home after work, which means I'm in by 9pm and I can watch Innerspace for half an hour. I don't mind the extra half hour it takes after work 4 Thursday. I like to leave 15 minutes early Friday's so I can get that #6 to Southgate and home by 9:30pm. 

This artist render is whats called Tower B on the former location of the old Greyhound bus company. Before Greyhound this was the site of the old Marshall Wells building. The render is from "inside" the Stantec tower. The Winter garden or Ford Centre is directly below. Tower B will be a 43 story tower on top of a large podium. Its a big chunk of downtown property.


This photo was taken today (most likely by a drone) Image by Jskye. The building across the street is Rogers place arena. This Tower B land under early excavation:


I've got steady work at least until Christmas week. They might go a bit into January like last year. In January when I'm temporarily "laid off" I have a small window to get my roe and apply for ei. The plan is to apply for ei and then get on board again for March for my job, freeze ei, work, April and May, activate ei in June, July, August, September right into pension. Then work part time from there on in. If everything works out well, I can get my dental work done before now and then. As for today, I've got the Esks/Riders game, brunch, enjoy my evening off, and then get ready for the work. At some point I've got to get some blood work done at the lab this week as well. I might update this later in the day. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment