Thursday, May 16, 2019

Seems I'm blogging about once a week now

only because there's been so much happening lately but I've been very active on Facebook lately. Saturday someone on the top floor had their toilet backed up and began flooding their suite and partially the one above us. Water seeped into our light fixtures and our intercom and along the sides of the ceiling and walls. Water got into our linin closet etc. Fortunately our carpets were ok. We had this industrial floor air blower that pumped noisy air into the open intercom panel. We had to put up with that for 4 days. We were not very happy.

For awhile now I've been checking out various fitness memberships. The Clareview rec centre wants over $800 for a 1 year membership. Yikes! Good life wants something like $120 month. You get a personal trainer there and with the rec centre your paying for the pool, sauna, library etc. Even the YMCA's membership is pricy. I've been hearing a lot about "Fit 4 life", so I checked their website. The basic plan is $20/month and their flagship plan is $300/year. I called them up. "How come so cheap?" They're not paying for a work out pool or shower stalls, or trainers and pools. They have lockers and changing rooms. Plus like Goodlife, they are open 24 hours. Goodlife makes sense to me because they are virtually across the street but $800/year seems a bit too much and I don't need a personal trainer. I had free access for the Clareview rec centre for 2 years and we could count on one hand how many times we've been there. I wasn't into fitness back then but now I'm more health conscious now then back in those days. 

This afternoon, I'm out of here just before 1pm for my 2pm Doctor's appointment. I'm going to talk to my Doctor about what he would recommend for me for physical fitness as I like the stationary bike and I want to try the rowing machine. After that, its up to Sport Chek at City Centre Mall. I've got my eye on a Fit bit activity tracker. I'm looking to get the charger 2. Not sure about the usb charger though. It looks kind of flimsy. After that, I'm going to try and get that #2 bus somewhere downtown so I can get to Wendy's over here and Staples. 102nd street in the core is blocked off for the laying of lrt track. Anyway, that's all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment