Monday, August 24, 2020

The new laptop for work arrived the other

   day. I was struggling to figure out how to insert my Ethernet cable in the slot. At first it didn't seem to fit and I would need to have it returned. I was still able to do my job "manually" so to speak. I'm not the one to give up easily. The answer lies in You Tube. After searching a bit I found my answer: I need to have the tip of the insert cable, force it into the port guiding it with a bit of pressure on the latch. Presto, it worked. All I need do in the morning is to have my higher ups help me to install the VPN and softphone. Its not a bad system for an i3. I haven't heard anyone say that I cant use the computer for personal use.

What a mess with the ballot counting machine at the Conservative leadership race. Hundreds of ballots were ripped to shreds by the machine. It was after 11pm when CTV news had announced that Peter O' tool is the new leader for the Conservative party. Not that its going to make much difference because the NDP are in bed with the Liberals anyway.

So this week, i got 3 shifts, tonight, Tuesday and Wednesday. I have Thursday off and Friday and Saturday are scheduled but i think we're going to finish the project anyway before Thursday. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment