Thursday, June 23, 2022

I haven't worked since

the end of January this year and that's a long time. Yes, I mentioned this recently. So far the company isn't asking to pick up their laptops etc. Would this indicate the company is done? I hope not. The worst of it is, by this time last year we were working until the end of June. If that's not enough to give me pause, I didn't get any work until the end of September 2021. If last year is a good indicator, of this year and work isn't coming until late September, that's over 7 months of lost income. Each year is different and with the cost of inflation etc, work in this industry seems to be on life support. Fortunately for me, I get a bit of an allowance so I'm not exactly hurting. Not that we're not feeling the same kinds of pressures other households are facing. We most certainly are. Anne says "enjoy the time off." That sounds like good advice. At least she is working.

Last night's game #4 of the Stanley Cup game went into OT. Anne distracted me for a second and when I returned back to the screen Ave's were celebrating. What the heck? With that win, the Ave's are leading the series 3-1. I'm pulling for Avalanche because the last great NHL hockey dynasty was the New York Islanders, under the great Mike Bossy. Also, it was the Edmonton Oilers that prevented the Islanders from getting their 5th Cup. Lots of hockey history here. Game #5 is Friday night.

At the moment we're getting some heavy rain. We're going to appreciate it when it gets like +34 next month. 

I got the last breakfast meeting to attend on Saturday before the summer break and resuming again in September. Anne gets me a Tims breakfast to take along which is nice. Other than that not much is going on Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment