Thursday, August 25, 2016

I got a unexpected call from

the other job yesterday. They want me back for September after the labour day weekend and the office has relocated to the South Side, one bus ride away from Southgate. With this job its going to not only get me enough hours for a ei claim but its steadier work. I might not get the hours but the pay is better and its steadier. I'll be working right up to mid January. There's no breaks in between projects, type thing and its easy to get to. Hop on the lrt to Southgate and the #52, which lets me off across the street from the office. Cool.

I'm having so much fun watching this 3 ring circus America calls the Presidential election. Both of these candidates are fun to watch because you never know what they're going to say next. Our federal elections here in Canada are lame by comparison. On the Democrat front, their candidate has trouble with emails and the Clinton Foundation. The Republican candidate shoots off the cuff so much the media has a field day. The Republican candidate would be good for Alberta, however and that's a deal breaker for me.

Oops, almost forgot about the new Earth size planet that was discovered in Proxima Centauri b, Alpha Centauri triple star system yesterday. Proxima Centauri is a red dwarf star. The new planet is apparently a rocky type planet. The planet was detected by the subtle change in light of the parent star. The problem with getting a actual photo of the planet is the light of the star. Enter project Starshade being worked on at JPL. Once Starshade gets up and running then a clearer image of the object could be realized. The new planet is in the habitable area of the star where water might exist. Its actual composition of course cant be confirmed totally at this time but it is exciting stuff

Before I got the call yesterday, I thought the start date for the upcoming campaign at work was September 1st but because the office is moving, it wont be ready until after the Labour Day long weekend. This means that I'll be able to attend Lodge next Thursday and still have a long weekend off. So I'm happy about that. I'm still working on my oas but that's going out after the labour day weekend. Because we could have a postal strike, I can just drop my oas form off at Service Canada on my way to work. I don't know what to do about my market research job though. I might put that on hold until I get pension, we'll have to wait and see. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment