Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sure summer is great for a lot of reasons but there are pros and cons

for example: Here in Edmonton, we get the nice weather, lots of summer festivals, lots to do, women are looking great. CFL. Cons: screaming kids emergency vehicles all over the place, lack of work, apartment upgrades, bugs, the heat. I'll take the quietness of winter any day of the week.

This morning Anne and I were able to find a loop hole that bought us a some time into our situation. At least now we can pay our bills. Our cat Boots hasn't been well this summer and Anne has been playing nurse maid with intervenes like fluids every other day. She's anticipating Boots could go into shock at any time. If Boots goes into shock we have the money to put him down humanely, and not like some barbarian killing a helpless animal with a spear. We can now pay the basics to help cover us until the end of this month when I get back to work in September. We're going to go with basic cable (as long as I can watch my wrestling and CFL.) Also, while I was at Service Canada the other day, I discovered my cpp form to rental subsidy went to the subsidy not to our address as I was led to believe. We wasted a month waiting for that document. Also, oas doesn't send any application forms out in the mail. OAS forms can be picked up at Service Canada or requested by mail. I picked up 2 to practice on. I'm going to fill out as much as I can get the necessary documents next week, and prepare the application at Service Canada in front of a clerk for example: "What does this section mean etc?" I can drop the application off on my way into work later first week in September, and take it from there.

Over the past few days we've had the roofers on our building. They're ripping out the old shingles for new ones pounding away. They're nail gunning the roof directly over head as I speak. I'd hate to be on the top floor. Yesterday new carpet was installed in the hallway. Anne and I are holding our breath because we're thinking that management will send us the bill and increase rents. These are upgrades not repairs. If that happens we're moving out. More so if we get that rental subsidy is approved. Anyway, that's all for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment