Monday, August 1, 2016

Holiday Monday today

which is ok by me but I've had so much time off, it doesn't matter much anyway. In the line of work I do, I seldom get paid for stat pay anymore. 

Luke Aikins at 25,000 feet jumps out of a airplane, without a parachute. Unbelievable. Our reaction was, "This guy is crazier then Trump opening his mouth." Anne and I were watching this thinking, the net may catch him but the force of the fall wont save him from the impact when he hits the ground or bounces him out of the safety net. Kids, don't try this stunt on your own. Well he made the historic stunt ok. Yeesh, takes all kinds.

I'm not a fan of Harry Potter but I had too smile when local news last night were at Audrey's before the Harry Potter book launch party for "Cursed child." Like most stores they went from 9-pm to midnight. It was like Halloween in July. I hope they got lots of people there of all ages and sold lots of books. It's almost like a mini convention. Good energy, lots of fun. I wonder if there were any Pokemon Go people crashing the book launch?

We've had a lot of rain over this long weekend. So much so that both Klondike and Heritage days got rained out at some point. On local news the 29th anniversary of Black Friday were featured. I was living in the West End here at the time, 3rd floor in the middle bachelor suite, just behind that tree left off the stairwell. Hard to believe I paid $280 a month for my rent. That's Inflation for you.

Today, we're watching wrestling. Tuesday, I'm trying to set up a appointment at my pcn to get insulin as my usual pharmacist is no longer with the organization, which was a bit of a shocker. I also need to call Service Canada to find out what's going on with my cpp form they said they'd process for me. Then that evening we're going swimming at the rec centre. There's a couple CFL games Wednesday, Thursday I'm following. I'm at the other office to pick up my cheque Friday and to get a update. Saturday its Eskimo's/Ottawa. There might be another blog post in there but I doubt it. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment