Friday, July 29, 2016

Its been an interesting couple of days

around here. Monday I played telephone tag for 2 days with my other job. They had sent out a invite letter around early July to have me back for September coming up but somehow the letter was returned to sender. They apparently sent me another letter to the address where I received my pay stubs: Here. Don't they have my resume on file from last year? There was a expiry response date on the original letter dated for July 31st, and based on the over the phone conversation I'm invited back for September 1st. I still need to have the letter filled out, and returned but I can always return the letter by hand, when....it..gets..... here. Mail, the way its been lately is so..........slow.  

I wasn't much of a fan of "Sesame street," when it premiered on November 10, 1969. I liked the frog, big bird, Fozzy the bear and the two old guys in the balcony would make me laugh. I was somewhat aware when the show came out but by 1969 I was a 17 years old teen, wearing a body cast living in Coquitlam BC here on Regan Ave most television escaped my attention at the time. I was just 3 months out of a 8 month back operation recovering from scoliosis. I had just discovered Avalon Hill wargaming. Back then, they produced board wargaming like "Blitzkrieg" "Jutland" "1914" and years later my favorite game Advanced Squad leader (ASL) That's what I was into in late 1969. Fast forward to the other day when I heard some of the original Sesame street people were let go from their jobs took me down memory lane. I don't know who Bob, Luis and Gordon are. I'm sure younger members of my family know of them. However learning of the termination of these people, and how said termination caused an uproar over Twitter prompted me to weigh in here. The "if it aint broke don't fix it department," has mentioned to me that this could come back to bite the owners of the show. Its as if the creative owner control system <huh? read my mind and said something like "but they could come back at a future date." Um its called "damage control." Kind of like when Trump said he was "joking" or being sarcastic when asking Russia/Putin to search for those missing emails. What can we learn here? Always make sure when you open your mouth, and something silly pops out always have your damage control team standing by with tools to repair the problem. Some tools are, "double talk," "passing the buck" and the ever poplar "I was just kidding." Or refer to the "Damage control for dummies" book if you have no damage control department, and or edit ones blog post for latter ;)

However, I digress. We are still waiting for the part for our oven. So much so that Anne got fed up and had to go to Walmart to buy a counter top oven:


                              
This sucker cost us $130 out of our nickel and dime budget.

I called the boss at the other job, and he didn't know if there is anything coming up for work. No timeline for anything. I need to go into the office next Friday to pick up my cheque, and hopefully pop into the other place up the street before 4pm with the second letter they claimed they sent me. Anyway, That's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment