Friday, July 8, 2016

At the moment I'm just chillin messing around with

some video editing software, and observing all the shit going on in this world. I'm in a sour mood today folks but I'll snap out of it. I've got a lousy cheque to pick up this afternoon, and I have to tell Audrey's I'll be late picking up the 2 Space Marine Battles books they've graciously held for me for the past 3 weeks, again. "Please hold them for me until the end of the month." The books are about $20 each. So the highlight of my Friday afternoon is to pick up a small cheque, a bag of cheese doodles, into Audrey's on the way home, and the Eskimo CFL game tonight. The timeline for work will probably be after next weekend, if at all for the month of July. It sucks being broke for the summer especially. I've got pension to look forward to in about a year from now. How pathetic. Profile of a loser: This Blogger. I'm feeling sorry for myself, I don't want no sympathy.

My outing yesterday morning was longer then it needed to be. Instead of the bus directions Anne gave me, I didn't know where to catch her suggested #99 bus at Belvedere station. The whole bus station is being torn up for repaving. I didn't know where at Rexall either said #99 bus would be. I had a vague idea but I didn't want to be caught missing this brief window Anne kept talking about. However I did know where at Corona station to catch the #1 Capilino. It was just a ride East along Jasper Ave to Alex Taylor school and run down to the bridge, and a hop and a skip to Capilino mall, right? Oh no. The bus turned left on 101 street behind Subway, and went to 95th Ave. Oh right the construction. I'm early and its about 8:15. I didn't need to be at my appointment until 10am. Lots of time. Sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery. So here's my familiar turn down to Riverdale, Alex Taylor Road. I hadn't been in this area since John Lennon was shot. Passing by the old duplex, brought back a lot of memories before crossing the Rowland road bridge. Almost there. No way. The bus went through some of Forest Heights, Capilino, some of Gold bar. From Corona station to Capilino was a 40 minute bus ride. I was at Capilino transit centre by about 8:40. I had just missed the #80 bus. While waiting there at Capilino, at 8:45 (next bus 9:05) under threatening skies I got to thinking I could have saved myself all this grief and remained on the lrt to Southgate mall and caught the #80 from there to Capilino mall where my destination was about halfway in between. Or so I thought. Far from it. I could have saved about 45 minutes, if I took the time to find that #99 bus at Rexall. Instead I had to take the #1 scenic route, yeash. Southgate would have been even longer. I was at the corner of 48th Street and 93rd Ave for my 10am meeting at about 9:15 at the end of 93rd Ave. Lots of time so I remained in the bus shelter, put my iPod Touch's timer on for 15 minutes and dozed off for a bit. It was a short walk to my appointment that last 40 minutes. The bus driver that let me off paused the bus in the industrial park, and caught my attention. I went up to his window. "I'm the same bus going to Southgate but to Capilino, if you want to come aboard. I'll be another 20 minutes before I get back here." Right nice of him. Sure. I didn't have my Capilino/Southgate bearings anyway as I don't go to the South side very often. At Capilino mall the driver said something like my best bet would be to take that #85 to downtown. After awhile I thought about it,sure. That bus meandered as much as the #1 before it. I finally got downtown before the Westin hotel there and omg, 11:30. I caught the lrt to Clareview and home by noon. If I would have trusted Anne's instruction instead of my instinct a 5 and a half hour outing would have been an hour either way not including the interview.

My meeting though turned out really well. The interview was promising but I'm not going to hold my breath anything will develop out of that. What a crazy world we live in, Police killing innocent people in Dallas, psycho terrorists out to set society back to the middle ages. I feel sorry for kids today that will endure the fall out of this crap 30-50 years after I'm long gone. Being a type 2 diabetic I might have another 10-15 years left on this psycho planet before all of the above unravels itself out to its conclusion. When its my turn to cash out, I'll be glad to get off this planet, and don't worry, I wont let the door hit my butt on the way out of here either. Sorry for the rant, no work, pissed off $6 bucks in my pocket to last me until who knows when. Maybe an Eskimo win at Commonwealth might cheer me up a bit for a few moments. Oh the humanity. Anyway, that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment