Thursday, July 7, 2016

Out of bed a bit earlier then

usual this morning as I need to leave out of here about 7:30am to meet with a client at 10am. I've got a bus, a train, a bus and another bus to get to an industrial part of the city. My appointment is in the Eastgate business park area. I'm working on my first coffee of the day.

Last night I put together a brief video using a program called Hypercam 2. Its ok for now. This video screen captures the work I did in FL Studio composing "a beat." The video editing is done in a program called Windows Movie Maker. Once the initial video was made, I mixed down the audio to a wav file and uploaded it to the desktop, and dragged it to sync with the video. I had to tweak the settings in the screen capture software a bit and after about 25 attempts, I have the process configured to work despite some latency issues in the screen recording software. Free is what it is. I'll be doing a few more of these beats using this process. At least until I get some hardware, as most if not all of my productions will be hardware based in the near future. I'll be using something like a Go Pro to record the performance, and sync the audio the same way. For now though, these will get a lot better. I'm not a singer so there wont be any (thank god) elaborate voice-overs except maybe using a vocoder once in awhile. This video upload is about .32 seconds and is located here if you want to watch it.

In about an hour I'll be on the road, out of here for my appointment. I need a shower and pack a few things. I should be back by about 12-12:30 or so this afternoon. I don't know if my market research job I have will have any more work for the balance of the summer. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting. I don't mind 3 nights/week or something like that. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment