Tuesday, July 12, 2016

It seems when it rains it pours around here

for example, last night Anne just turned the oven on for our dinner. Suddenly inside the oven it began to sparkle, and short out causing a small contained fire. We controlled that in half a minute. No smoke to set off the fire detectors. The oven isn't that old. Without warning it just shorted out. The digital display is gone off the front panel. Anne's working this out with management now. So because of this I've had to nuke my coffee. Microwave coffee isn't the best to drink first time around as it is. First time nuked coffee gets cold faster. Management said all the oven needs is a new oven element. Needs far more then that deary, the electronics on the front panel, the digital display is shorted out. We need a replacement oven. After a bit the front panel works. I turned on the stove element and that works. I'm drinking fresh coffee, at last. Management wrote up a notice saying they will be here to inspect oven on Thursday. In the meantime we have a hot plate in storage we broke out last night. I had bought this just before we got married and we have a bbq outside. Anything can be cooked on the barbie. We're ok for a couple of days.

Anne came back from her outing yesterday, and had papers she got from Capital Region Housing Corporation (crhc) and Taco Time for my lunch. Someone there at crhc reception told her based upon what Anne had said we would qualify for a rental subsidy. I have a CPP form I need to take to Service Canada, they need to fill it out. Since I could be off the whole week, its just a matter of standing in line there. Someone there needs to fill it out for me. I'll leave out of here at 1pm tomorrow. We went down this road with crhc a few years ago, when I was working full time hours at Xentel. It took crhc at that time 2 years to get back to us saying because of our income, we wouldn't qualify. Based on last years income, we would. I'm thinking this round once we have all our i and T's sorted out we'll be able to get a subsidy but I feel based on how slow the crhc is, I'll be on full pension by the time we actually get around to receiving anything from these guys. The crhc is very slow because of all the request's it gets for subsidy. Especially in this economy. In other words we're at t he top of the pile. "Now serving 5,922/1," type thing. Anne wants to try and have the paperwork in their office by the end of this week and most likely crhc will sight the Fort MacMurray fire 2 months ago as the main cause of the slowdown. 

So Anne says its good that I'm home. Well in one way but I'd rather be at the office. I still think there's time for that this month and some shifts will be days. I'll be checking up on that on Thursday for next week. Anyway, that's enough out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment