Saturday, July 9, 2016

Fresh off a CFL bi week for our Eskimo's

last night at Commonwealth stadium Edmonton, Game #2 with the return of Chris Jones and the Riders. Our fans do it as well but its been the "In" thing to do is to bring some food for the food bank to any cfl game. Our fans do this in Calgary, and I'm sure Calgary fans do this here. I watched pre game footage of Rider fans drop off non perishable food items for our local food bank. Thanks guys. CFL fans are a class act. That wasn't the main take away I got from last nights game. Up until the last play of the first half our Esks were behind but went into the half with a 4 point lead. At one point it was 19-33 Esks. Esks fumbled the ball Riders recovered gathering momentum. Riders scored 26-33. Uh-oh. They took the lead 36-33. We tied the game with a field goal with 3 seconds on the clock. It was 36-36 in overtime (ot) That's rare but its not unusual. In ot we scored first with a field goal, 36-39 Eskimos. Then they had the ball. If they scored a field goal they could tie the game, and play would continue. If they scored a 6 point major they'd win. They got a first down, another completion, then 3rd down and inches. The ball needs to break the plane of the paint on the turf for play to continue for a fresh set of downs. Eskimo defense earned their money last night preventing the ball to break the plane. The chains were moved to make the decision. The ball was under six inches from the paint. The Riders gave it their best shot but we won (barely) 36-39 in an exciting finish. There were 34,196 in attendance. Next week we're in Winnipeg to face the Blue Bombers at Investors Group field. Can't wait. Last night there were 2 tied football games in the CFL. There were 2 tied football games last night ours before ot, and Calgary at Ottawa 26-26. 

I've been exchanging a lot of emails with my sister lately as we're talking about my mother's side of the family, which until just recently I knew very little about. I recall an incident in 1968 while I was confined to bed recovering from my back operation at home. It was in the summer of 1968, I was 15 years old. I should have been hanging out at the Grooveyard in New Westminster Friday & Saturday's as the end of that era in music history was closing out. Instead there I was flat on my back in a body cast confined to a bed with 2 metal rods in my spine. So, now back to the incident: We had some house guests over that summer. I didn't know who they were. All I saw were these 2 blond haired twin boys about my age. They stuck their heads in the threshold of my bedroom doorway and said Hi. That was it. For years I've always thought they were from dad's side of the family. In these emails from my sister I learned, the twins were from my mom's side. My uncles children/cousins. I never saw them again after that.

Not much on my plate today. Anne gave me a malathion pill this morning. I read from "Rage of Eagles" before bed and in bed I listened to a bit of Coast "open lines." I enjoy that part of the show listening to peoples weird stories. One caller had a "message from beyond the grave," another one where George and a caller shared horror movie likes and dislikes. I passed out from there. I woke up to feed the cats about 10am and and back to bed until about 11:30 this morning. Once Anne leaves, I'm going to work on another FL studio song, only this one will have more substance. I'm hoping to get it ready for the end of  the month. No rush. Other then that, its reading, YouTube receive Anne's call about 8pm. Should be a good night. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment