Saturday, July 16, 2016

I've been thinking about this for awhile now

just posting a couple times a week instead of everyday. The idea is to help add greater value to my blog by posting less. People don't have the time to go through all the stuff out there. For example, when I'm working during the week I get about 4 hours a day online or at the computer. Even less if I had a full time job. If I had a cell phone I'd be online more often. On the weekends I have a bit more time at the computer. There's such a thing called life, and events of the world, like what happened in Nice and Turkey.

On Wednesday I went to Service Canada thinking I'd have to wait in a long line up. When I got there, no line up. I was pleasantly surprised, or maybe it was because of the time of day. I got the cpp form filled out, and it will be returned back to us. Then we can go ahead with the next phase of our rental subsidy. I also learned, while at Service Canada I should get a oas pension application in the mail the month after i turn 64. That's coming up in August. Thursday I learned where I work, we have some projects the week of the 18th. I worked on one of them last year. The pay period begins Monday anyway, and if I can get a couple weeks out of this round, that'd be good. We got the repair guy to see what was wrong with the stove's oven before the football game. I didn't learn what will be done next. Hopefully by next week, we'll have the oven fixed. Thursday's CFL Edmonton Eskimo's/Winnipeg Blue Bomber game during the first half was slow, 3-13 for the Home team. We won the game on a interception with seconds to spare 20-16. Friday in my email I received a request to come in for a interview at 3pm in the Nait area. Its a 60 minute interview. My wife used to work for this company in a different department before we got married. They pay very well. However, if there is a typing test component to this interview, I wont get the job. My keyboards skills are ok, but my typing speed and accuracy suck.

Occasionally I like to check out the "Next blog" feature to see what other bloggers are doing. Its nice to see various widgets and layouts. A lot of bloggers haven't posted for long periods of time, I noticed. I'm constantly trying to make this blog better. I'm on it everyday, even if its to compose a Tweet, or to access a link to my email. One such tweak I made is to the "About me" page. Its now "About Jim". Also, I recently moved a few  gadgets around and removed a few pages. I could do a lot more if I was comfortable using css. Anyway, I'll probably post again on Tuesday. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment