Saturday, July 23, 2016

Chances are I wont post

tomorrow because of WWE's "Battleground" as we look forward to that for Sunday.

A bit of this and that: I was able to get about 14 hours worth of work this week but right now the office is closed over the weekend. I'm hoping for next week, and I'll be shoring things up for my other job for September as they are moving house. We are still without the part we need for our stove's oven. Unfortunately we don't have the resources to move but this has been over two weeks now. Anne thinks we should be receiving a discount for our rent at least and I agree. We probably could get the part for the oven ourselves, and charge the bill to management. It might even be faster. "Its on order from the gas company," management says. It takes 2 weeks? Don't they have a warehouse here in Edmonton? What do we do now, go to our MLA? There are a lot of empty suites now due to the economy. The last thing management here needs is another empty suite especially in an older building where there are a lot of other options around the city.

We have K-days underway here right now as the midway makes its annual summer rounds to Edmonton for 10 days. K-days was unique among summer midways because of its Klondike theme designed to celebrate the Klondike gold rush back in the day. K-days also had its popular Sunday Klondike promenade. Edmontonians had the chance to dress in period costume and meander around the downtown core. Jasper Ave was closed off from where the Shaw theatre is now to 109th street. The K in K-days meant Klondike. A few years back City council wanted to modernize k-days, so they dropped the K-days name and theme changing it instead to to Capital X. This didn't sit too well us Edmontonians. The name change received such a backlash, that council dropped it without debate, and changed the name back to K-days but the popular promenade was lost. It's just another midway now. This years parade began yesterday morning, and had parade watchers lined up early clogging up parts of the parade route. The city at the last minute had to change the route due to pedestrian volume. Lots of people we're put off by this. Our company for many years had the contract to do on site survey's on the Northland's grounds where the midway was held but we lost the contract this year. I used to think that on site survey's were always on ones feet but I got a different education from one of my colleagues the other day. I asked about working K-days, that's when I learned we lost the contract. That would have given me 10 days of work.  

Earlier I fixed up the welcome header above. It reads a lot cleaner I think. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment