Wednesday, July 20, 2016

At least my hearing

has been somewhat restored. I couldn't even hear sounds from the street, and we're about 20 steps from 137 Ave. Now I can hear traffic moving out there from my opened window. My hearing is still being compromised by wax buildup but its getting better.

One thing you will notice about the content of this blog is that there is no plagiarism involved. Its all written on the fly. I'll occasionally use excerpts from other sources but I'll always link to those sources under "fair use." Even though this blog may be somewhat banal its all original content written by me. It's in a diary format, what would you expect? I have no writers working on this blog. I don't hire a content manager nor do I have a microphone in my ear. This blog is my responses to my environment and the world around me. Nothing is scripted. Not even my wife comes in here to write material. She doesn't even read this blog. On occasion I'll do public speaking, not at a convention level mind you in front of a partisan crowd, nothing that large. Most of the time the public speaking I do is within my lodge in front of about 15-20 guys, and I'll have a shot of Drambuie or something if I know I'm going to be speaking later. Even then I get nervous after doing this for 15 years. And these are guys I break bread with after "the show" that I've known for years. I could never handle myself as a first time speaker in front of thousands of people even with a teleprompter. I'd be stammering all over the place. What you see is original from me. 

I'm working on my noon coffee. I've got about an hour or so before I need to get ready to head out of here. I need to be on site by at least 4:15pm this afternoon. If I can get a couple of weeks of work here, we'll be ok. Even work up until 6pm Saturday is all I need. Anne has had some hours dropped from where she works, and she wont go into work until Thursday. I need as much hours as possible. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment