Sunday, July 10, 2016

Still plugging away here

as its mostly overcast out there at about 18. Not much going on today. No football. So I'm taking it easy, working on a track in my daw, checking my email, reading, that type of thing. Anne's making us her traditional Sunday brunch later. I'm sitting here with my first coffee. Pretty basic stuff.

I've had the Alberta Health benefits contact details on my iPod Touch for quite awhile now. This last Spring, I've been waiting for our notice of assessment (what the feds send at tax time) which is a summary of combined taxable income. The noa is a accurate account of income filed each year by revenue Canada. I was waiting for that, and time off before I began to file for Adult health benefits, and a year to date printout of our bank statements. Last year when I did this I was working, and my only way to get this to the program was to fax my bank statements. The fax machine I was using at employabilities was brand new, and I don't think they were  comfortable working with it. Since I was getting insulin anyway from my pcn, I figured at the time I'd just wait until next Spring. No rush. Also, I didn't know prior to that I can access the program with bank statements year to date. The program is based on income and last year we certainly qualify. Now that I have time off, and rather then fax stuff to the program I can just drop it off in person to the reception counter. Once I have the location of course. My work schedule at the time prevented me from doing this. Next week I hope to have some full time hours for a few weeks anyway.




The other day on local news there was a story about the Valley line lrt. A "spokes person" from the program saying that they are on schedule. There's a lot of road closures due to preliminary work but they hope to have a work schedule posted within the next 4-6 weeks with a target date for 2020. Ahh, now the Sun is trying to come out. Boots seems to be enjoying himself. Anyway, that's all from me for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment