Saturday, August 13, 2016

Over the past several days

management has had a roofing company out here as they've been replacing the shingles on the roof of this building. Its not a hardship for us because when they start work in the morning we wear our earplugs before bed. Every time I think of roofers lately I keep hearing the song "Barry the roofer" in my head by the Toy Dolls. Yes its on Youtube.

I've been watching a lot of Canadian Football League, cfl out of market games and of course our own. Thursday's game hosting Montreal was a 23-12 Eskimo Win. For the first half it was a 1 point game. The Esks had trouble holding onto the ball. There were challenge flags all over the place. Crazy. Last nights Winnipeg/Argo's game was 34-17 for the Visitors. Toronto had 5 turnovers and the Bombers scored 24 points off those turnovers.Today I'm watching Calgary/Riders game at 5pm. Chris Jones is in a bit of trouble being fined by the league. It's complicated to get into here but you can look into that on your own.

I haven't been using my new Ntendo 3ds as much as I was hoping to do this last Spring. I've been so busy with work, what with trying to get as much hours as possible and struggling here at home over the Summer with lack of work. I've had about 47 hours since early June. I'd be on the street right now if it wasn't for my wife's hours but I'm scheduled to go back to work September 1st so I hope to have more time to play. I know that sounds cart before the horse but even though I've had time off, the money hasn't been there either. I'm considering hacking my 3ds to play legacy games along my commute. I'm just not a computer video gamer. I can't see myself spending hours in front of a computer playing Warcraft or what have you. Last time I did anything like that was about 2002 when I was into this game: The Exile trilogy.


 

I really enjoyed playing this game for several reasons. It was free, I liked its simple interface and game play. We still  have our Xbox 360 collecting dust but for some reason we haven't been able to get it to work since when Xbox made changes to its market place. I can't recall the game a few years back from Walmart but it crashed our system so we had to take the game back. It had nothing to do with Walmart. I think that was about 2009. I haven't done any gaming since. The new Ntendo 3ds is probably my last venture into video console gaming at my age. 

Monday I have a job interview. Its customer service. Kind of a high end type of a opportunity. Its right downtown. Close to the old place. I've got that for 1pm. Its only for a 3 month appointment and its days. If I get the job, I'll do the full time job and the other job (nights) 3 days a week including a Saturday. We still haven't received our part for our oven and I have yet to receive my cpp form for rental subsidy. Its a one page document for crying out loud. I'll be heading over to Service Canada to find out its status. Its probably still in the slush pile somewhere and the guy handling them is on holidays (its August after all) I was being ahem, sarcastic. Its not a mail kind of a thing because I received a birthday card from my sister in law the other day from Winnipeg. I can't wait to get back to work and start paying some bills. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment