Thursday, June 28, 2018

At least I'm getting the hours but

I had to cut back on hours because it compromises the benefits I get. Super didn't like to hear this but I'm still putting in 4 days/week. At least we're no longer in that heat wave. We're down to +20's that sort of thing.

I had a busy day thought yesterday. I went to Long & McQuade to take care of some business and I got a double pop filter for my mic. On my 5pm lunch break I went over to the store to buy some black jack tickets I won $25 bucks so essentially the pop filter was "free". I had a pretty good 7.5 hour shift. I like this 7.5 hour shift but it cuts into our bottom line. We finished a huge project and making a nice dent in another one. I'm back 1-9 today but next week and from here on in I'm 4-9, Tuesday-Wednesday. I was supposed to work Friday for a few hours but the idea was to not work Friday because most people will be out doing the Canada Day long weekend thing. The shift is short anyway. Besides I got to go to the lab Friday as well among other things, yeesh. 

Next week, I'm 4-9 Tuesday-Friday. I'm grateful I got hours in. My next piece of gear I'd like to get is an Elgato screen capture device. I'm having trouble with obs and Nvidia experience (ne). I can get ne to record my screen but I'm not getting audio. I think it has to do with my sound card and basic "routing." Anyway, I'm up at 10 out the door by noon. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment