Friday, December 7, 2018

Its been in the works for sometime now

but now that its official the city of Seattle will finally get its own NHL team. The NHL board of Governors voted in favour of this. There's no official name for the team because the ownership group/whatever, has to go through the expansion draft. I'm not sure if the draft is this year or next year but I'm pretty sure, its next year. The team could call themselves any number of things. I like the Seattle Sea Kings < taken already? Or even Seadogs, or Seattle Storm. Lots of good choices. Any new team would be formed out of an expansion format like Vegas. Its been decided that a Seattle team will be in place in I think it was said 2021. This gives a few years to build the new arena and some breathing space between expansion team franchises and team owners to plan for the future.

So I'm leaving out of here shortly before 3pm for work. I don't think the job would have cared if I had the Friday off despite lodge night last night. Plus I was unexpectedly "put to work last night," in lodge unexpectedly filling in. Lots of new faces. I think I got work next week, I'm not sure. I'll know tonight. I think. Anyway, that's all for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment