Monday, December 24, 2018

Its a been a rough couple of days

for me from the time the job ended for the season until last Monday. I've been doing emotional damage control. In the meantime I'm in the waiting period. Do I sink or swim? What a way to end the year. Fortunately for me, I've got my pension and ei to fall back on, if push comes to shove. 

And that's just on the job front. On the other end is in my personal life. I'm not going to give up on a friend, nor am I going to give up on my marriage. For what to lose my self respect? I'm lucky I'm not out on the street this time of year, when many are and at least I still have my wife when all else fails on me. I've been on an emotional roller coaster ride since last Monday. Now I have to await sentencing. At least "they" can't take away my pension and I have enough funds for my accounts and lodge dues. Apologies for speaking in such vague terms today but I'm in a world where there are no shades of grey and I feel like I'm at the Alamo. But its Christmas eve. At least I don't have any dental discomfort.

Anyway, at least the Oilers are holding down 8th in the West (barely) and its not even the All Star break yet. In closing, I'd like to thank everyone that's stopped by to read this blog and visit my YouTube channel over the many years. Even though I lock the blog down for a few hours during the day, its usually back up at some point. Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone. Its all good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment