Saturday, February 6, 2021

We went and subscribed to

our isp's home security service, which gives my wife some peace of mind when we're out in case somebody breaches our suite. We  set the camera up in a hidden place. We can access the camera via our iPad as well, when we're out and about. This morning I was on the phone with our isp tech support, and we have everything working. I just need to have the app set up on my wife's iPad, so say whenever we get lodge going again and she's out shopping, she can check into our suite. The only problem with the camera that comes with the system is its frame rate. Its giving us an fps of something like 5. I'm sure we can do better then that with another camera from the same company.

Later tonight, its Oilers/Flames. This is going to be fun. I might not have steady work but at least I have Oilers hockey. On a cold winter night like right now at -29 with a wind chill of -35, there's no other place I'd like to be. Other then on a beach somewhere like in Southern Spain when its the NHL off season. 

Finally, after days of sorting out how to get Cubase pro 11 to communicate system audio to OBS Studio, I got it working. I tried Reastream, all other kinds of screen recording  shenanigan's, Cubase just doesn't like Asio drivers. I had it working once before with Screen rec but that failed. My expectations for Asio link pro, were like smoldering embers. I followed a video by Mr. Different, and after a few tweaks at OBS, it works. My audio is a bit garbled but that's a tweak fix in OBS advance tab features. When I get my Mac mini M1, later this Spring, I'm going to use Cubase Pro 11 and Logic as my 2 daw's of choice and my windows computer for gaming. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment