Sunday, April 3, 2011

I had a decent

I had a decent sleep overnight except for the last 2 hours or so, what with Anne waking me up and me making so many trips to the bathroom.

I’d like to get “Torchlight 2” when it comes out for the Xbox, but apparently it’s only out on Xbox live. I‘ve been seeing this talked about on Xplay and it looks good. Probably ready for July.

I had a blog post ready to go yesterday but got caught up in other things. I’m onto my first coffee and for the most part today is another reading day. Despite what the “Currently reading” block says, I’m currently reading, Star Wars The New Jedi Order: “Vector Prime.” Its by R.A. Salvatore. I’ve read some of his work in the Forgotten Realm series. I think this predates that. This book is almost 11 years old but I have it new. It’s been on my shelf for about 3 years now. Probably out of print. The story takes place 25 years after “A new Hope.” R.A. Salvatore is a “Fantasy guy” but I’ve never gone wrong reading his work. The series itself has 21 books in it by various authors. I’m not going to read the whole thing one after another of course.

Over the past couple of nights before bed, Anne and I have been watching this National Geo series 2/2 on Freemasonry. The first part of the show was good but the 2nd part while interesting exposed a lot of the conspiracy parts of FM, beginning with the oldest about Jack the Ripper, then the Leo Taxil hoax which some evangelists still like to propagate, even though Taxil admitted publicly what he published was a hoax. Then there was the one about the P2 or Propaganda du. The P2 had been an irregular Masonic body since and had nothing to do with the United Grande Lodge of England (UGLE) P2 was even an illegal lodge even by the standards of the Grand Orient of Italy. There’s a lot of controversy over the death of “God’s banker’ Roberto Calvi. I just know the skinny on it. But aside from the conspiracy aspects of the documentary, I thought the series was handled very well.

Because of the Lodge night, I’m missing Wrestlemania. Just as well, we can’t really afford it anyway. In a couple of hours, we’ll have our brunch. Neil is picking me up outside my place at 6:30pm for the practice tonight, which is why I can’t watch Wrestlemania. But some things are more important then others. Sorry Wrestlemania, next year. But I’ll probably get the next pay per view anyway. The results will be in at 10pm anyway.

Last night the Oiler’s broke out of their 10 game losing streak in Vancouver of all places. If we had kept Penner and Hall not injured (He’s not even going to the World juniors because of his ankle injury) and our starting goal tender, Khabibulin played 45 games this year he won 10 and lost 31, the others were shootouts. Losing 31 games is a huge ammount of points. NK lets in way to many soft goals and then he redeems himself while the team is down 3-0 by playing spectacular. Even if he won half of those games he lost the Oiler’s would have 30 points more then they do and we would be where the Flames are now. There are those that would say, it’s our defence. It‘s not the D. I would agree if NK had say lost 50% of his games and we have a young team this year but NK should have been way better then the money he signed for. As long as we have NK, I’m afraid the Oiler’s won’t make the playoffs this time next year, unless NK really picks up his play. To be fair to him, he has had off ice distractions and injuries that didn‘t help matters much. When the new season starts in October and everyone back and healthy and a few tweaks to the line up and if the Oiler‘s can avoid series injuries and NK is the goaltender he was with Tampa Bay then maybe the Oiler‘s might make the playoffs. Anyway, that’s about all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment