Saturday, April 30, 2011

continued from my website

I got into the office and paid my regards to the staff in the business room. They were doing baseball. I had a brief talk with Gerry as he gave me my check. We had a laugh at how I'm (for now) in first place in our office pool. We also talked that because I'm full time now I qualify for 3 weeks off. So I'll take another week off just around Labour Day weekend and the last of my 3 weeks off over the Christmas holidays. On my way out the office I went and got a Proline ticket for 2 games yesterday (they won) and 2 games today. The Flyers lost, so there goes my $3. $7 bucks went out to gambling and add the 6/49 ticket for this evening and there's $9 just out on gambling this weekend.


I went to my RBC bank walked up to City Centre mall to get my monthly bus pass ($84.65, that's $1,015.80/year.) Consider a vehicle, if new minimum, $15,000 plus insurance plus parking downtown which is about $250/month it makes a bus pass look real good. I tried to find a pay phone (now becoming an endangered species in its own right) but the only one I needed was occupied. I went upstairs to the main floor and no booth but the ATB bank was there and the reception dialed for me. I had a chat with Anne saying I got the bus pass and I was going to go get a bite to eat at Rickies. She asked me if I could bring her back a KFC treat, but there wasn't time. It was already like 2:15pm. I had fries and chicken fingers and diet cola. It was a nice lunch.

After I paid my bill I went over to City Centre mall (east side) and decided to go up to Coles and have a look around. I checked on the Star Trek Omnibus books there and sure enough, they are of the Starfeet Corps of Engineers series. Or Star Trek sce. I was going to pick one of them up but the inside book cover didn't exactly tell me what book it was. I'd have to check when I got home. lets see what they had in terms of Star Wars. They had some of the Clone Wars books in Trade yet, re released by Del Rey, but I learned later this is old news. I decided upon Star Wars #1 "Fate of the Jedi."

I wanted to see if I could hook up with Anne before she got off work and I noticed a bus there along a bus stop heading towards Jasper ave. I took that to Bay Enterprise Square station and worked my way to Anne's office and waited until 4pm but that's when I realized she's upstairs working. I caught the train home and watched hockey all night.

I decided against going to Lodge this afternoon as I need some more time by myself. I don't know what I'm going to do tonight, most likely read as the Nashville/Vancouver game won't be on until 9pm tonight. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment