Sunday, April 22, 2018

It was supposed to be

July 1st when Ottawa would make Cannabis legal here in Canada or marijuana. I mention this because this weekend was the celebrated day of smoking pot. Or 4-20. The Official date to make bill C-45 legal is, apparently is early August or even late September of this year. Apparently Ottawa's tax grab is $1/gram. I've been hearing that pot will be sold at $10/gram. That's about an inch deep at the bottom of a coffee cup. I've heard also that when pot is legalized, traffic on the US boarder could be slowed. Also, its not ok to take weed across the boarder. I don't smoke, pot. I tried it once and like smoking tobacco, it hurt my throat. I said never again. I'm not against anyone smoking pot. Each to their own. I just don't like the smell. I'm sure when weed becomes legal, we're going to smell it all over the place. Income from pot sales will be split 25% for the Feds and 75% for the Province. Ottawa could expect to get about $100 million/year. Lots of landlords don't want renters to smoke pot in their rental units because it can be expensive to remove the smell of pot smoke from the walls and floors of suites, between $5-6,000/suite. Smoking pot in a condo or apartment here in Edmonton is against city bylaws, but its hard to prove. 

I got a email from the supervisors desk yesterday at work, saying we're back at it Tuesday. Most likely this will be a 4 day project. If the project lasts longer, I'm changing my availability to include Saturday. My availability is on my calendar inserted month by month. I'll edit in Saturday just in case. If I can get 65 hours in back to back between now and when work dries up, I'll have enough for my new computer. Lately, we've been getting a project for 4-5 days and 4 days off. Not good. 


The Kinder Morgan (km) pipeline Alberta/BC feud is about to get turned up a notch. The Alberta Government, is considering turning off the taps. This means shutting BC out of oil & gas. This is unprecedented. This could cripple BC's economy and hurt Alberta as well. BC more immediately as gas at the pumps could go to $2. This pipeline has Federal backing. Could Alberta actually go ahead with this? Some believe, yes. Alberta needs Federal licenses (Bill-12) to transport oil & gas, and if Ottawa doesn't grant those licenses to ship oil and gas products in any way BC could be in trouble. Here's the skinny on the issue and the comments at the bottom of this article are very interesting as well. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment