Sunday, April 1, 2018

The weekend so far has been a

connecting via messenger with old associates and friends type weekend. One guy I hadn't spoken with since the early 70's. It was kind of a draining chat. Then I connected, yesterday with an old neighbor/woman/friend I was ahem, interested in. That was something like 27 years ago. Its just life gets in the way. Lots of water under the bridge. Another reason why I like Facebook, connecting with old friends.



So, this morning Anne and I watched Star Wars, "The last Jedi." I'm still wearing my oh wow face. These movies keep getting better and better. Most likely there are a lot of trailers out there and most Sci-fi fans have seen this movie. The only thing I didn't like about the move was the kiddy factor: The little birds on Luke's Island. I think that was more a cheesy Disney thing then a plot device. I liked Poe's drone though. The birds worked though. I thought the performance by Adam Driver (Ben) was exceptional. I really liked the characters Poe and Finn. Carrie Fishers digitalized voice over wasn't that bad. This was another JJ Abrams movie. The movie earned $1.3 Billion. Very impressive. The overall rating apparently is 75% liked by fans or a 3.5 stars out of 5. I think the reason for the rating is mainly because fans are receiving too much of a good thing. Too much Star Wars. There's 2 more films coming up. 1 in this series next year and another one on Han Solo. I'm giving Star Wars "The last Jedi" 4.5/5 stars. Only because of the stupid birds. At least Disney toned down the Star Wars cliché's. We paid $7.99 on video on demand to see this movie. Anne watched it twice while I was in bed sleeping.  

Today I'm following the Nashville/TB NHL game. Hopefully the Preds can keep Kucherov off the score board. Good luck with that. I think this is a back-to-back for Nashville since they played yesterday. Tomorrow I've got the Oilers/Wild game and Wrestling. The fun never ends around here.

This week I'm trying to get our tax forms out to be filed. Also I'm trying to book an appointment to get my compression stockings at Northgate for Saturday. If I can get that together then hopefully meet with my friend (see above) at the Northgate food court. I've no interest in establishing anything with her. She usually travels with an entourage of her best friend and her friends husband anyway. Ahh, if that's the case, I'll pass thanks. I'll try and scout in advance if we meet that day. One-on-one over coffee is fine but not with a whole slew of people in tow. No offense to them. Most importantly out of all of that I have Lodge on Thursday, then back to work Friday after that let the weekend begin. Anyway, that's all for now. 

3 comments:

  1. หวย หุ้น วัน นี้
    Mesmerized article written on this blog with other relevant information. It is straight to the point that how we can improve our skills as well as how we can be represented to a new stream of professionalism.
    หวย หุ้น วัน นี้

    ReplyDelete
  2. นาฬิกา Armani
    Really inspirational to hear someone pursuing their dreams and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. I have read your article about This topic. I think it's good and impressed to know your service. Thanks for share this Information.
    นาฬิกา Armani

    ReplyDelete
  3. matte lipstick
    I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    matte lipstick

    ReplyDelete