Wednesday, September 11, 2019

On an occasion such as today

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention September 11th 2001. Or 9-11. Hard to believe that was 18 years ago. I was working mornings at Zentel at the time. Anne and I were barely 10 months married. I hadn't even joined my Masonic lodge then. I recall how it was a bright sunny Tuesday morning. I was on the #5 bus heading West along Jasper Ave. I noticed a crowd gathering to watch the monitors at City TV. I was half awake, not even barely aware. Then as the morning progressed news of the previous hours unfolded about events in New York city. I just heard from the customer what was going on. We didn't get much work done that day. Anne was working at the Royal Canadian Legion Stadium branch. I went to meet her after work for a ride home as she still had the car at that time. There was a sense of dread of what was happening. Crazy times to be sure. I was 49 years old when all of that was going on.

Last Saturday after my morning prayer/breakfast group, I headed over to the in/out registry for replacement I.D. The good news was my replacement ID was only $50. the ID is good every 5 years. Bad news was it could take 2 weeks to get here. I mean we have laser printers these days and lamenating machines. We should be able to pick up ID right then and there. That whole process should be automated. The good news is my ID (I assume here) is in transit and on the way. After my experience at the in/out registry I went to Staples about 10 meters away. I needed some real pens that had some nice dark ink. I sampled a "Energel" liquid gel ink pen. This is the one. Looks like the cartridge inside can be replaceable but for ~ $4 a pair, who cares? After that I went to Wendy's (next door) and had a Jurnior bacon cheese burger. They completely remodled the inside and have those nice touch fountan menus I used before when I was in a Wendy's in April. The menu now contains a lot more options besides soda pop.  

I've got some counselling to do tomorrow late afternoon and continue on for my 2k walk. I might do a bit more to make up for Monday. I talked with the boss yesterday and he told me over the phone, that we will be starting up soon. He will be calling people back. Next week? Idk. Since last January 9this year) I worked ~ 95 hours. January-August 2018 I worked over 650 hours. Some years are better then others. So far this year has been the worst that I've seen. Anyway, Anne is picking me up some Taco Time later this afternoon. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment