Wednesday, September 12, 2018

I was out at lodge

last night until about 10pm. I didn't have any alcohol, just a couple cans of pop. The perogy dinner looked rather spartan from the plates I saw. Nice bunch of guys though. I think this was the first time I've been to Edmonton #7. I'm considering going to lodge Saturday, again at Freemason's hall downtown. Two lodges in one week? Semi retirement has its advantages

Calgary is exploring the possibility of hosting another winter Olympics. They want to see if the idea is feasible for 2026 but they may need to hold a plebiscite on the issue. The project is slated to cost about $5 billion! The City of Calgary wont even provide funds for a new arena which would last for about 30 years. Calgary would want Edmonton to fork out some of that cash, but we'd be able to host curling and get an honorable mention. 👎 BC could be involved as well but they would need to pony up some cash. First of all Alberta is in debt of something like $71 billion. Our oil isn't getting out to market. As for Edmonton, our revenues are about $3.20 billion. I think we should focus more on our waste diversion targets then the 2026 winter Olympics. 

I haven't checked into the office yet to know what's going on with work. I was last in the office a week ago and super was hinting about a possible upcoming project. Since the office hadn't called me yet, I'm in no hurry to get back. Next week, I'm interested on going back to work though. I just called the office, we could be closer to learn what's going on for next week. I'm to call Tuesday morning. Next week sounds good for getting back. I'd more or less be ready.

This weekend I'm focused on my Reason 10 track. Saturday, Commercial lodge. Sunday is WWE's "Hell in a cell." And there's probably a CFL 🏈 game in there I could watch among other things. Its mid week and we're getting some snow, just now in mid September yet. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment