Thursday, January 24, 2019

It was the Oilers fan base

that wanted the removal of Oilers General Manager Peter Chiarelli. That's only part of the problem. The Oilers are plagued by having too many of the old boys from Edmonton's Stanley Cup glory days in its ranks. Time to let these former Oilers go and hire a GM with a good hockey IQ, like a Mark Hunter kind of a guy. Plan for the future. The Oilers could remove about 60% of their $4-6M contract players replace them with minor leaguers and get similar results that they've had lately. We'll see what happens before trade deadline/off season.

Some people its hard to say No to. In the case of my friend after over a 20 year absence, she comes back into my life after I had forgotten her. I was surprised to hear her suggest we hang out for lunch once a month. Too me that's dating. Once a month? I can see something casual like 4 times a year and text, that sort of thing. I was even going to propose a casual friendship as we were walking out of the mall last April. "Lets keep this going, you know 3-4 times a year and text each other 2-4 times a week. Is that ok with you?" Then before I could mention my idea she comes out with this once a month notion, when all I wanted was casual friendship. Yeesh. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment